ACER aspire 5570z and windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

odie072

Baseband Member
I have a aspire 5570z laptop which I like very much, but it has Vista and I am really starting to not like it. I have a new Windows XP OS that I bought for my desktop before it expired.

My question is can I reformat my hard drive (get rid of a partition) and load the Windows XP onto the ACER?? If I have read some other post correct, I may have some problems with drivers for the Acer??

Thank you in advance and please feel free to treat me like I don't know what I'm doing :confused: :D .

If this doesn't work, I'll have another question about virus and spyware.

odie072

Acer doesn't list any useful drivers for the 5570Z on their site. When you install XP, expect broken support for WLAN, bluetooth, audio, and your card reader at the very least.

What you want to do is go to Device Manager or download PC Wizard 2007 and jot down all the names of the hardware you have, then go googling for drivers. Usually you can find identical hardware on other manufacturers laptops since most laptop companies outsource to Quanta.

Thanks for the replies. I've got XP installed after a format of the HDD. I do need some drivers and I've found one for Wi-Fi, but here is my next delima. I've downloaded them to a desktop but I'm having trouble getting them to my laptop. I've unzipped the files with powerarchiver, but when I copy to cd, I get a message that says some files won't copy and when I put the cd in the laptop, it shows the file but it says can't find the program that created it. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm not doing but what??

Thanks
odie072

Got it figured out now. None of the drivers I found worked for the wireless untill I connected through ethernet and hit the update driver for the wireless. Works just fine now and it is faster.

Thanks again
odie072:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom