Acer Aspire 5532 Overclocking? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2010, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Unhappy Acer Aspire 5532 Overclocking?

Hey guys, new to this forum. Anyways, small question about my laptop. It is always running perfectly for source games, crysis, etc, but I have one problem. I recently got the Pinnacle MovieBox HD capture card. It's a wonderful and high quality recorder, but my laptop cannot handle it. It is very laggy, even on the lowest quality setting, it lags. What happens is that the video skips tons of frames, the audio gets off sync, and the video plays as if it was being fast forwarded. I just need help on overclocking. I have searched up tons of ****, and I have no idea what to do.
Anyways, not sure if it's a long stretch or simple, here are my specs. I just want to raise my GHz from 1.6 GHz to either 1.8-2.2 GHz.

AMD Athlon 64 Processor TF-20 (1.6 GHz)
ATI Raedon HD 3200 Graphics (Up to 1408MB HyperMemory)
15.6" HD LCD (Epic screen)
3 GB Memory
160 GB HDD
Acer Nplify 802.11 b/g/Draft-N

Any help, program, information, or stories of people who have overclocked this laptop is appreciated.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Acer Aspire 5532 Overclocking?

You can not overclock laptop components, unless through OS software. Laptop BIOS is locked to any overclocking. I'm sorry, but you are lucked out.
__________________ Steam Account
Closed Thread