Acer Aspire 5100 Not Booting Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones2345

Beta member
My Acer Aspire 5100 Laptop decides to not boot up again for whatever reason I dont know. Anyways I've tried a few things, like:

1. Take out battery
2. Take out HDD
3. Take out Memories
4. Processor, etc. all that can be taken out

I've also taken the whole laptop apart and it still isn't coming up.

When i press the power button, it reads the CD Rom, the HDD light comes on but nothing on the screen.

I took out on of the memory the other day and it start up for a while.

Now its back to the same old, not booting up any at all. All the correct light are on, it reads all the cd drive and thats it.

Any help would be highly appreciated as I really need this laptop.

take out HDD, CD-Rom and battery. plug a regular desktop monitor to your laptop and try turn it on, see what happend, may be your screen or something as well.
if no picture comes up in non of the 2 screens then take off 1 of your 2 memorys and try again... if nothing try the other memory.

if you STILL dont get picture in non of the 2 screens sorry but thats the end of whats worth doing to recover it, just plug your HDD to a desktop and get what ever info you needed :/

If none of Geff's suggestions work, is this laptop under warranty? If so, I would look at getting an RMA. Be sure to back up your data, though.

Ok thanks for your assistance.

I have tried what you said, and each time I turn on the laptop with the desktop screen, the lights on the desktop screen just flash green then go back to standby. So i guess its the end of it.

Well I guess its as we call it in Jamaica, thats life!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom