Acer Aspire 4710Z CD/DVD drive Problems - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Exclamation Acer Aspire 4710Z CD/DVD drive Problems

its a pretty simple problem, have a acer aspire that i've just cured of vista, and thanks to this site all the bugs except for this one are gone, so thanks to all of you who helped me this far, all i have left is a problem where it doesnt rocognise the CD/DVD drive, it doesnt even have the lil question mark thingy in device manager but it is in the boot menu, only one in the device manager is a SM bus controller, not sure if thats it but i do need my disk drive going, and thanks in advance for all you time even reading this thread.

/-edit-\
the computer doesnt realise the disk drive is there, there is no cd drive there according to the computer, is there anyway i can fix this? keep in mind its a laptop and that im not willing to open it up considering i dont have the money to replace it if i break it. and that i dont know the modle number of the drive consiering theres nothing in the computer even acknologing that here is a drive there.
\-edit-/

Old 02-10-2008, 05:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Default Re: Acer Aspire 4710Z CD/DVD drive Problems

I am assuming you have tried the basics such as drivers, and windows update to find drivers.

Want to do even more? Take a look here and join the fight on human trafficking.

Hear and you forget, see and you remember, do and you understand.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

i cant find the drivers for it, and it says theres no other missing drivers cept that SM bus but i doubt that is the drive, where would i find the drivers? and please dont say the acer website caus that doesnt have the cd/dvd drivers
Old 02-10-2008, 06:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Desktop Engineer

Send a message via AIM to Thresh

You should be able to order a driver cd from Acer, if not you could try DriverGuide.com (printer drivers, cdrom drivers, modem drivers, sound drivers, mouse drivers, monitor drivers, etc.) - DriverGuide.com
Old 02-10-2008, 06:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Acer Europe - Service & Support, FTP server thats all the stuff for your model I can find on the acer FTP sight.

Want to do even more? Take a look here and join the fight on human trafficking.

Hear and you forget, see and you remember, do and you understand.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Techie

umm... didnt i sat the acer site doesnt have the cd driver! sorry im so frustrated but every acer post gets the same answer, goto the acer site, acer doesnt have alot of their own drivers. ill try that driver guide, thank you for your help both of you.

/-edit-\
did the driver guide thing, it kinda doenst help if the computer doesnt realise the disk drive is there, there is no cd drive there according to the computer, is there anyway i can fix this? keep in mind its a laptop and that im not willing to open it up considering i dont have the money to replace it if i break it. and that i dont know the modle number of the drive consiering theres nothing in the computer even acknologing that here is a drive there.
\-edit-/

Closed Thread