Acer Aspire 3100 help???

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailrider894

Baseband Member
So here is the problem from point a to point b. :) Problem number #1 the Keyboard/touchpad does not work. #2 USB ports do not work. #3 I cannot type in password to acces windows?? so yeah i am screwed??? a little:confused::confused: screwed. :freak: :eek: :confused::confused: .................. Can someone help me!!!!!

No it is like they are unplugged or something. but they are not.

The usb ports do not work so i can not plug in an external keyboard/mouse.

Yes I understand. I am just trying to determine if it is a driver issue or a motherboard issue. Also try it in all of the different usb ports.

plug in a usb keyboard and start the computer to see if you can use it or the regular keyboard to get into bios. If not you have a motherboard issue which will mean a new computer.

None of the usb ports work. they have not been working for a very long time. i have used the computer before this happened. the orignal issue before the the keyboard problem was when windows would just freeze up and run really slow after log in.

Firstly, is this a laptop or a desktop?

None of the usb ports work. they have not been working for a very long time. i have used the computer before this happened. the orignal issue before the the keyboard problem was when windows would just freeze up and run really slow after log in.

I know that this is going to sound stupid, but are you buy any chance running Windows 95?

New stupid question, have you split any liquids (water, coffee, softdrink/pop) on you keyboard?

Otherwise, is there any way in which you can install drivers from Acer's European website?

in all honesty, it does sound like the main board is stuffed?

dude that sux!!! i really wanted a laptop on my trip to CO.

welp i have tried everything i think. i got it to boot to ubuntu. but i still have no control over mouse or keyboard and usb ports are still not working. any more ideas??

welp i have tried everything i think. i got it to boot to ubuntu. but i still have no control over mouse or keyboard and usb ports are still not working. any more ideas??

Buy a new laptop. Preferably not Acer.
Motherboard replacement on laptops are normally not cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom