Acer Aspire 3100 charging problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgitsjocke

Beta member
Hey, as the topic says i have an battery issue with my Aspire 3100.

Its my girlfriends old laptop and she said there was a problem with the battery and that the laptop could only run with the AC adapter attached. The problems began with the battery lasting lesser time by each month until it the laptop would not work at all without AC attached and a while after that it wouldnt even start with the AC anymore. Instead of fixing it they got a new laptop for her.

Now a year has gone by and i decided to check it out since this laptop is enough to fulfill my needs, after what she described, i thought that it must be a dead battery. I tried the old battery and adapter but when i started the laptop it would die after certain time, and each time where shorter so i assumed it might be a heating problem or something. And i also tried removing the adapter after which it died right away which says the battery is totally dead. After it died like 6 times i decided not to test it until i got a new battery since i didnt wanna destroy the harddrive or something else.

So i bought a new battery for it hoping it would solve the issues. I got the new battery couple days ago, plugged it in and the adapter aswell thinking the battery was fully discharged when i got it. The loading battery indicator was giving light. After a while i started it up, and i removed the adapter and the laptop still was on, something that hasnt happend before. I thought everything was good so i continued to use the batter and adapter. But today i realized that the battery must been fully loaded right away and now it has been drained, cause if i disconnect the AC now it dies right away just like before. And this is a brand new battery. When i attach the AC and the battery is attached aswell the battery loading indicator is blinking instead, telling me its not loading. This appears after a few seconds of steady light.

At the moment when writing this, im only using the AC, didnt even know the worked without the battery attached until reading here. The heating problem seems gone cause i had the laptop on for a good 15 hours in a row with the battery and AC attached. And for some hours right now with only the AC attached.

I wonder if there is something i can do about this or is this laptop doomed? No warranty left on the laptop.
Is there external way to charge the battery perhaps?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom