AC power connected light

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok this probably sounds really nitpicky but my boss's laptop wont display the external light showing that its plugged in to power. It works while on the port replicator just fine, but when just using the AC adapter, the light does not come on. The ac power is in fact working because i can power it up without the battery, and the battery/ac power icon changes when i plug or unplug the power. Any one have any ideas? I have tried 4 different power adapters.

specs: 17" compaq 8710W running windows XP

Thats what i thought at first, but if i pull the battery out and plug the AC in, the light turns green, then yellow, then goes off. Also, like i said, the light turns on like normal when on the port replicator. Seriously this wouldnt be an issue to a normal person, but my boss is annoyed because its a "4000 dollar laptop".

Tell him/her to deal with it, send it in to be repaired, or buy a new one and give me the old one.

Yeah great advice to tell your boss. :p

"Deal with it and stop being such a baby!" :laughing:

Have you tried to clean the connections? Maybe there is some dust or something in there that is preventing a full connection.

Cheers,
Mak

I figured it out. Apparently the light is only on when the battery is charging. I figured it was something stupid, but as he's my boss i kind of have to look into it :( So i burned his battery down to 40%, plugged it in, and lo and behold the light turns on. He's kind of wishy washy sometimes, but meh. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom