AC Adapter or Battery Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curbkiddytech

In Runtime
My grandparents have a Dell Vostro 1000 laptop that has run fine for the most part until today when they told me a message about the AC Adapter came up before the desktop. It read as followed:

"The AC Adapter type cannot be determined. This will prevent optimal system performance. Please check AC Adapter, connect properly, remove AC adapter, and plug-in it again."

At the desktop however the computer says the battery is fine and so does the Device Manager. However, when I was in the Device Manager I noticed that under Network Adapters there was a yellow exclamation mark for Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter #2. They still have connection to the Internet with the other adapter, but thought it was strange to see that.

Can anyone help me with what's going on?

Sounds like the adapter. If you unplug the laptop and it runs off the batery, does it have a normal life span before the battery runs out?

I did a google search on the error your getting and i found that the errors dies happen with Dells one place said it had to do with wires in you power brick broke and your not getting the power expected for the power source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom