2 Laptops, major problems, not a computer noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJace

Beta member
I have 2 latops, a Asus z71v that i purchased as a barebones system, and a Ferrarri 4000, both with major issues.

The asus one wont display anything on the screen, but you can hear the hard drive boot up. I dont think its the LCD, but the video card, because when I took it out, the screen turned all grey. I cant find where to purchase a geforce go 6600 so im at a loss at what to do. The whole point I got this laptop was that it was supposed to be modular, and I could replace components. Im not sure what happened to that.

The acer ferrari has wierd problems. Sometimes it will restart on its own, sometimes the screen will turn into this checkboard look, or stripes, sometimes the screen wont turn on like above, but the MB and HD is working. Ive formated to original system specs, ran memtest on the memory, and a burn in test. All came up with nothing. Just a second ago, it started up just fine, but as I typed this post, it crashed and wont start up anymore

It cant be a heat issues. All of the fans are working, theres no built up dust. At this point, the LCD screen still wont turn on. And it happens when I first turn it on, so theres no chance for it to get hot. I can feel the air, and its not hot coming out

Before you go looking for a video card for the laptop i would check to see if the video card can even be updated. If it can search newegg or tigerdirect for laptop gfx cards.

I had thought that it could be replaced, as why I got the "pci-e" version. I looked in ebay, tigerdirect, newegg, yahoo shopping, general searches, and my local stores, and I cant find the card

They may be a PCIe version cause they use those speeds. That doesnt mean that the card themselves can be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom