1680x1050 resolution external LCD monitor with ATi MOBILITY RADEON 9000 IGP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben259

Beta member
I have a Samsung P28 laptop with ATi Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP at 128mb. The maximum resolution for the laptop is 1024x768. I want to connect an external LCD monitor to my laptop using the VGA output. The external monitor has a 1680x1050 resolution. Is it possible to do so with my current graphic card? I mean can the external monitor reach its native resolution using ATI MR9000?

I've checked on the ATI website but i'm still unsure about it. So i decided to ask someone who's familiar with computer stuffs.

Laptop specs:

-Intel Pentium M
-processor 1.60GHz
-800 MHz, 1.12 GB of RAM
-Windows XP Service Pack 2

I'm getting a Samsung SM226CW 22" monitor since i haven't heard any ruckus about the panel lottery with this one.. If you have a better monitor to recommend me, let me know :) (I'm gonna use it for graphic works and some gamings..)

Cheers.

shouldnt be a problem.. but i have had problems w/ ati drivers myself, like here at my work w/ the 9250

if you do have problems download the ATI omega drivers

just type in ATI omega drivers on google and you'll find em

almost any gfx card can do any res, its just a matter of it looking nice. as far as gaming goes, the most graphic intense games you will be able to play on that res are probably pinball and spider solitaire, maybe minesweeper. but yeah it should be able to run at the res, just don't expect wonders out of it.

The lower resolution limit on laptops generally isn't with the card, but the screen. You should be able to easily get up to 2048x1536 and perhaps beyond on an external display with the Radeon 9000.

Thanks everyone. Now i can buy with confident :D I once read about the omega drivers and that they aren't compatible with the graphic cards in laptop. They said that petja mod and catalyst(?) are more suitable for the job *shrugs* I'll look up in the forum for help if i encountered a problem when installing dual monitors.

Just to let you guys know that i've bought the monitor. I connect it to my laptop and it works like a charm :)

Thanks for all your advices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom