1 in 3 laptops die in first three years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where were you 2 years ago when I bought my first computer/laptop? You could have saved me a heap of trouble with this post. I made the mistake of buying an HP. Long story made short they "lost" the info on the 2yr AP warranty and refused to fix my computer when the hardware malfunctioned.

Crazy. I was given a Compaq laptop about 4 years ago, but I'm pretty sure it was already a couple years old. The DC port got messed up somehow and one day it started smoking. I couldn't charge it and just couldn't use it so I left it in a storage unit for about a year. Then I brought it down here with me, got it fixed, now runs as best as it can. It is one massive laptop though, and weighs a ton. For some reason the drivers out there for it don't work now, I will need to post a thread...hmm..

I find those statistics rather funny as FoxxCon produces nearly all prefab laptop parts...

But, in the end, the worst brands are the most purchased, usualy by home consumers, while the "least likely" to fail laptops are usualy purchased by companies it seems.

SOO, it all boils down to who ever owns the laptop, and how abusive they are.

With regards to above post I must admit, whenever I go around the HP website, it seems that a lot of people's first unit is an HPdv2000, and they complain about it for breaking down within two years. I had a long talk with a technician friend, and it seems that the HP Pavilions they tend to receive were overheated and sometimes abused (used like a desktop, hours on end), and had really clogged heat sinks. I noticed this as well. My dv2000 has smaller and fewer vents than my other friend's toshiba. So it is a design flaw on the part of HP IMO. It was also the problem with my last laptop. The heatsink got clogged and overheated.

Apple is 4th and the standard warranty they have is for 90 days unless you pay for the premium warranty, which is basically the same as the standard warranty for dell which I believe is 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom