$1,000 budget for a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

High end graphics probably aren't necessary if she isn't doing much video editing. However, I would focus on the specs more than the brand. You might want to check out the Dell Studio XPS 16. It has ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670 graphics and a fast processor but it more affordable because of the deal that is being offered.

You can buy the Dell Studio XPS 16 and MS Office Home & Student for a bundle price of $1049 (until June 25th). Check out the full details here: Save $240 with a Dell XPS 16 & Office Home and Student. If she doesn't have Office already, this is a really great value.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

7 lbs is a bit heavy.... I'm definitely looking at the 4-5 lb stuff...

7 lbs is a bit heavy.... I'm definitely looking at the 4-5 lb stuff...

Hi,

What about the Sony Vaio CW? It weighs 5.3 lbs and has a Nvidia GeForce 310M - 330M video card. It also has a powerful 2.13 GHz Intel Core i3-330M processor.

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

I would try out the ACER Aspire lines. I owned an Aspire 4520 for 2 years, it was under 600 dollars when i bought it, it was resilient as heck. The memory died on me but little things like that can be expected. I tore it to itty bitty pieces plenty of times and put it back together, still worked. I spilled soda on it, replaced the keyboard, it still worked. I played WOW with low graphics, it played it fine, a little choppy but it was fine. I could us fruity loops on it, i could use Gimp. I like the ACER lines. i think they will be relatively a good buy. If you want something that looks Business like get an ASUS N61JQ. It runs 999.99 dollars on amazon. Look at the reviews on Newegg. Over a hundred reviews, and the only problems were shipping issues. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom