0x000000f startup error

JDH4032

Beta member
A buddy shattered his screen on laptop but plugging into external monitor does no good, I've tried several different cable connections in an attempt to network his lappy to mine n get a picture...no luck! is there a way to boot from disc without seeing computer screen??? its an HP pavillion series with Win 7

What does the 0x00000F have to do with anything? You just can't get a screen? How did he shatter it? He may have damaged the graphic card.

I would take out his hdd and plug it into your desktop as a secondary and get the data off.

What does the 0x00000F have to do with anything? You just can't get a screen? How did he shatter it? He may have damaged the graphic card.

I would take out his hdd and plug it into your desktop as a secondary and get the data off.

That I did and when I tried to boot from it is when I got the error message saying it was missing a file...I only have 1 set of sata leads therefore I can look at his hdd or run my disc player...otherwise I would have already run repair...

both systems r win7, his = home premium\mine is ultimate...but command prompt did not recognize fixmbr as legitimate command and could not reach his hdd thru command prompt...

Back
Top Bottom