Zalman 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIII

Daemon Poster
After accidently snapping my computer headphones at my last LAN partay I began the search for new ones.
The first thing I looked for were ear cover, my computer is fairly loud meaning I wear my headphones all the time I am using my computer.
I stumbled across these after reading a review in a magazine.

Mainly, I bought them for the novelty.

Does anyone have experiences with them?

dont know. Those look crazy though. Kind of interested myself in seeing how well they actually sound

Hopefully theyll sound ok on my onboard, its 7.1 so no problems there.

I'll keep it posted when i get them, and ill test em out on a friends sound card as well as my onboard and that.

Hello,
I have these headphones, they are my second pair. The first pair went through some abuse, and the cord was always pulled on and everything. Eventually the left side stopped working. But they are well built, they took a lot of abuse. I purchased a second pair, because of the sound they give me in a video game I play. People accuse me of cheating in the game, when it's really my headphones, telling me where ppl are, and everything. The sound for music and movies is excellent, every aspect of them are perfect. They look a little funny, and stuff, but the performance of them make up for them looking funny.
Each earpiece has 3 speakers in it, a front, center, and rear speaker for True surround sound, and true 5.1 sound. I switched from a USB Logitech headset I purchased from Staples for $40. When I got my first pair of Zalman 5.1's, I was a bit skeptical about them, as Zalman make things to make your computer quieter, not make more noise. But when I recieved them, and noticed the durability, I was already happy, I plugged them in and started using them, I was amazed with their performance. It gives a real feel to the bass in music, rather than just hearing the bass, it seems like it simulates the feel of the bass too, like it sounds like the speaker in there is actually moving, not like those crappy portable cd player headphones, where the bass is just a little click or something, these ones produce a real feel to the music, and sounds. The block out a lot of noise, and they get pretty loud without any distortion. I think in the manual it says they're rated at 89 +/-3 Db so they are pretty loud.
They aren't heavy, so they wont weigh your head down, or anything. They're extremely comfortable, and the size is easily adjustable for anyone.

Performance: 10/10
Design: 9/10*
Durability: 9/10**

*I said they looked a little funny, so I took a point from design
**They did break, but after much abuse, so I gave it a 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom