Z-640

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm i have this motherboard

http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket478/p4c800-e_d/overview.HTM

it says "AI AUDIO (6-channel digital audio)
AI series motherboards employed the world's first intelligent audio CODEC. The 6-channel AD1985 audio CODEC automatically detects and identifies what types of peripherals are plugged into the audio I/O jacks and notifies users of inappropriate connection, meaning there will be no more confusion of Line-in, Line-out and Mic jacks."

so the center speakers supposed to work without matrix on?? well in NFS all the speakers and the sub work...but the center speaker doesnt, unless matrix is on....i thought my onboard sound would be good enuff for this...

it soudns like it should be. are you sure the center speaker (the orange plug) is plugged into the right port?it should be in digital out i think

well it shouldnt be....
In an idealic world your onboard sound should have at LEAST a green port, a black port and an orange port
Ptherwise known as the Line Out jack, Rear out jack and Digital Out jack respectively.

However they might be colour coded differently. I have the Z-640 system and i know it has a green,black and orange plug. MAKE sure that the green is plugged into Line Out, black is plugged into Rear Out and orange is plugged into Digital Out. That is the problem you are having with the center speaker.

my green is in the line out...black is in the line in i think? and the orange is in the mic....but i heard the mic port can be used for either the mic or for a 5.1 setup

so in order to make the center speaker work without matrix...i need a new soundcard?? whats wrong with matrix anyway?? does it sound worse?? and its only the center speaker so thats only 1.....well i dun have any money to buy a new soundcard so o well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom