yellowish monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
very strange....try reinstalling the gfx drivers.........your gfx card may be going

i have uninstalled the omega drivers and reinstalled normal catalyst drivers.

the funny thing is though, the yellowish haze was still there between driver installations!! So i dont think it was the drivers. I also dont know why the gfx card was so hot. THis was after coming out to it after being left on all night. No strenuos work on it at all...

Ill have another look at the connectors and try plugging the monitor into the onboard gfx and see if that helps...

okay pretty surei can safely say its the monitor

turned off my comp and while i had it unplugged, looking at the connector, the little error that says "no input connection" or whatever it says was all yellowish!!

WTF?!
its a 2 month old monitor!

okay ANOTHER update....

I have figured out that what is happening is that the 'blue' colour in my monitor is non existant. If i go into the osd of the monitor and fiddle with the colours, red changes it, green changes it, but moving blue from 0 to 100 does NOTHING.

and green and red equal yellow

fricken weird

its just strange though ebcause now....its back to normal....

im gonna hunt for the receipt and see about taking it back....if they wanna store credit refund i might even invest another hundred or so and get a 19 inch......

Yeah I had something similar happen to me but it was way back when a geforce 2 Mx was a good card... ok I lied, it was never good.

Anyway, my monitor spat out a bunch of different colors at different times and I tried messing with it, then it just fried (the card). So I sent it back in, and (thank the Lord for this) I recieved an even BETTER card in its place. An ATI Rage 32MB! Gotta love tigerdirect. Idiots.

Back to the point, the problem was fixed with the new card, but instead of mailing it back to get the right card, I just upgraded to the geforce 3 ti 500, which has been in my pc ever since. And I haven't had the problem again.

Oh I still have the Rage, if anyone's interested in it, I'll pay them $8 dollars to take it. Free Shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom