XP Blue Screen / Stop Errors / ETC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaiStar

Beta member
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post it in, but I hope someone can help me. I'm a tech myself, but this issue has been stressing me for MONTHS now.

First, let me post my PC specs:

OS - Windows XP Pro
RAM - 512 RAM
Mobo - ECSUSA P4VXASD2+
Direct X 9.0c
Intel Celeron CPU (1.8GHz)
Geforce MX400 Vid Card
60 GB Hard Drive

Ok, here's the problem. I cannot run Photoshop 6 and/or 7. I did my updates for everything, and the vid card is brand new, and I added new RAM, and am still getting the error.

When I'm in Photoshop 6 and working on a graphic, lines appear on the graphic... then sometimes, it will freeze and the boxes in the program will blink rapidly. I will try to save the graphic and I get a program error. I installed version 7, and I get the program error and also in addition, I get the XP blue screen w/the IRQL error. Does anyone know what could be going on with this ? I'm thinking I need a new mobo, but if that is not the case, I don't want to waste my $.

I'm REALLY thinking it's the motherboard... so if I upgrade my mobo, along with my current specs, what mobos would you guys recommend ? I've been looking around at New Egg (and Best Buy -- I am a tech there so I get a good price) and can't really make a good decision. Sooo any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks, guys.

Download and run Memtest86+ to rule out the possibility of it simply being the RAM giving you troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom