Xp Or 64?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackmanOne

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I am going to be getting a custom computer, however, I am no quite a budget. Now I could get an Athlon 64 now, with a crap video card, or I could get an Athlon XP, with a good video card. Now I want your opinions please. How long will to take till XP64 or Longhorn are out and programs and games are mainstream for it? Cause when that happens, I would just upgrade to a 64 bit...and it would be quite a bit faster than the current A64 3000+ I am looking at.

Any suggestions?

i have the same question...it's either an athlon 3200+ or the athlon 64 3200+

i cant find a mobo for a64 with dual channel memory support so i may just go with the Athlon xp

Ok, well I would get the XP and a good video card. The video card will do you more good than the slight speed increase of the 64. Longhorn isn't due out till sometime in 2005.

who cares about longhorn ..windows xp 64 is due out soon also the difference in cashe size makes a huge difference as well as the onboard memory con't the amd 64 is a great deal if performance is more important to you than a little bit of money

if you dont beleive me or think that I am bias try one yourself I bet you will agree

amd643200+ said:
the difference in cashe size makes a huge difference as well as the onboard memory

I was reading in tests that the 3000+ performs only slightly behind the 3200+, or will the extra cache play a larger roll in a 64bit operating system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom