XFX Ti 4200 VS XFX FX 5700LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToKeN

In Runtime
What do you think would be a better buy if i could find the 4200.... i cant find any benchmark comparisons

You have to take any benchmarks with a grain of salt especially if the benchmark is using a DX9 game. Why?

Because the ti4200 is not a DX9 compliant card, it is DX8.1. The FX5700LE on the other hand is although its DX9 support is pretty horrible. Honestly if you want to buy an FX card buy at least the 5900 series.

The ti4200 is a good DX8.1 card but it is basically extinct in terms of gaining max gaming experience. Don't buy that card because next year you will want to buy another one to replace it. Same goes for 5700LE. Just try and save up more dollars...if you work it should take you several days...if you're a kid on allowance and such maybe a month or more and buy a better card. That way you know at least in 3 years your GPU you will still be able to play games instead of going through the hassle of buying another new GPU between that time. I highly recommend a 6600GT.

Smauler said:

They'll be quicker than the 9700 by a way though, generally.

You mean the 5700. A ti4200 is not faster than an ATI 9700. Never has been.

Anyways that benchmark (and Tom's hardware has EXCELLENT benchmarks go to their site and you will see a TON) is using a DX9 game, Far Cry. So you have to take it with a grain of salt because the 5700 is running the game in DX9 and the ti4200 in DX8.1.

In truth you should look at 3dmarks for a more accurate measure comparison and the ti4200 as expected is much lower than the 5700.

If you're confused:

For Nvidia any FX series or 6*** series are DX9 compliant.
For ATI any Radeon 9550 and above and all X series are DX9 complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom