XfX Nvidia 6800 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
Just bought a used 6800 on Ebay (my first mistake) and this card worked initially. After I installed a second hard drive in my puter (2.53 intel, Northwood, 1.5 gigs of ddr 400 mem), this card causes the system to instantly shut down the motherboard. I tried on five diffferent computers in my home with the same result. Power is connected to the rear of the card and the video card is on the power supply without any competition (450 watts). Is is me or should I consider this DOA?

So after installing the second hard drive this started? And now the card causes the same problem even on different computers?

My first thought is power supply, but having it happen on 5 different computers makes it less like. However, if these are all computers with cheap 300w PSU's or something it could happen. The 6800GT is a power hog.

Sorry, not much help, I really just wanted to say CHICO !!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to school up there. Great town, had a blast!:D

Oh well. Stank'O'Rama!!! Chico State! lol. I place this card on a puter with a 400 watt and bought another 450 in the original puter. Same problem!! Guess it's a cadaver. XFX has been kind enough to give me an RMA without a purcahse receipt! Good company? I'm hoping or I'm out $300 bucks!! :(

buying XFX was your first mistake. They really aren't a good company in terms of quality cards. Theres been tons of posts here about 6600GTs and 6800GTs dying quickly or just straight being DOA

That thud you hear in the backgournd is me banging my head on the wall!!! I guess I got up the morning I bought the card and I drank a whole gallon of fresh squeezed dumbass!! :(

don't worry about it, I've bought things before only to find out AFTER I spent the money that it's crap......everyone here has done it atleast once.....if XFX RMA's it then atleast chances are you'll have a working card.

RicoDirenzo said:
Oh well. Stank'O'Rama!!! Chico State! lol. I place this card on a puter with a 400 watt and bought another 450 in the original puter. Same problem!! Guess it's a cadaver. XFX has been kind enough to give me an RMA without a purcahse receipt! Good company? I'm hoping or I'm out $300 bucks!! :(

Well most of the time they wotn even give you an RMA with a recipt, so consider yourself lucky.

Guess (-) PR hurting the co then....Are these cards repairable 3rd party? I might just ship it ove to a geek factory and let them repair it? Know of any reputable ones?

Hey man, be grateful! You bought a 2nd hand card, it screwed up and your getting a brand new one in return. Just take what you get.

RicoDirenzo said:
Guess (-) PR hurting the co then....Are these cards repairable 3rd party? I might just ship it ove to a geek factory and let them repair it? Know of any reputable ones?

Video cards are not exactly repairable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom