xfx Geforce 5200 graphics crd problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spence

Beta member
Hi,

I've just bought a XfX geforcefx 5200 (128mb) graphics card and the driver will not install? (during installation I get the error message 'invalid data').
Im on xp and my motherboard is an Asus A7v333 which I know is AGP 4X but I've been informed that the card is backward compatable.
I took it down to the local computer repair place but they said it was probably a windows thing or the motherboard configuration was not right (helpful huh?), and they said it wasn't the card as it installed ok on some other machines they tried? In fact they tried four other (AGP8x 128mb) graphics cards on my machine all of which didn't work.
I hope someone can help me out on this one :confused:

Spence

have you tried downloadong the latest 'Detonator' drivers from the NVIDA website www.nvidia.com... this covers all of their products and you may find that these work better on your system than the bundled driver... else maybe have a look in your bios and make sure everything is enabled properly

Re. xfx graphics card

Thanks Hygor I'll try the detenator drivers... I took the machine to the repair shop and they were talking about looking at the BIOS (whether they did or not I'm not sure). Would you be able to inform me how to get to the BIOS settings to check them?

Thanks
Spence

Re:xfx graphics card

Sorry guys I'm new to all this stuff, I looked in the BIOS but I really didn't know what I was looking for (In regards to checking what should be enabled graphic card wise) could you shed any more light?

Oh and I tried the latest detenator driver but it didn't work either!

Spence :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom