Xfx Any Good?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

N-E-O-1985

Baseband Member
i bought a xfx GeForce 6800 gt recently. is XFX any good??? i was going to get Gainward.... should i have bought Gainward rather than a XFX card???

also my card runs 50 to 55oc at ideal and 70 to 72 oc at stress levels is this temperature safe????

and thanks for all ur advice guys

I had an XFX burn up on me. I RMA'ed as DOA and bought a different board. Video cards dont seem to last long in my system though, I just had to replace my BFG this week.

thanks man

well would 50 to 55oc at ideal and 70 to 72oc dangerous for my card???? 6800 GT

hmm i was thinking abotu getting an xfx 6800gt but ended up with a evga... i think the temperatures are a little high... hows the cooling in ur case?

yeah I've heard nothing but good things about eVGA......in 10 years when I can afford that 6800 I'm gettin eVGA...I know absolutely nothing about XFX but I think you're like the 2nd or 3rd person to have somethign up with it =/ so they don't seem like they are a good brand. No clue about your temps but a 20degree increase is pretty steap...but then again that card is powerful....do a google search for 'Normal 6800 Temp' or somethign to that effect

I had an XFX GeForce FX 5200 one time for a few hours.
lol...for a few hours...I think mine got overheated cause my CPU temps were 64C idle..but I didn't know crap about keeping stuff cool. Now I'm at 48-50C idle with fans and junk =P the 5200 was a mainstream model anyway...not a performance model..it wasn't made to handle graphics like 5700 was (besides it being a newer model and higher number =P ) if you go to the nvidia site...click products..then go to the FX Family..they'll tell you that the 5200 was just so you play cheap games or watch movies in 'clarity' although it would really depend on the vid quality itself..but yeah.....sry for the rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom