the XBOX as a pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linux over all is good. They are great for computers. Im not sure, but i think the down fall is alot arent really compatible with them. My friend has Linux and XP installed on his computer, witch he runs a operton. Its not a dually.

this is the way i see it

get linux free and have some compatibility issues
or buy windows xp and have tons of issues :p

well i have two laptop hard drives which i might mount and have some kind of multiple boot thing going on, for example have 2 laptop hard drives one already has XP installed on it, and the other one i could install linux, (p.s. i have found that linux now has quite good hardware detection) and then had a whoppin fat HDD to store moves etc, but then with all that power requirement an XBOX power supply wont be able to cope, so i would need to get a micro atx power supply, that is if the xbox power supply is even up to the task of running the motherboard, which was my last question?

thanks a lot

MattyG

hi all, finally set it up just need to waire a start switch, having a little bit of trouble with the actual xbox front panel, instead of using a switch put in myself,

it loogs goos, sounds horrible but damn its fast.

precisely why i dont have it

well everyone has thier different uses for thier computers. A friend of me wants to download a lightweight-on-the-resources linux distro for his 486 DX2 66mhz, 64mb Ram. Linux is so versitile in that respect.

Wayne

what did you use, did it have an X display, i want linux on my laptop, ive tried many live CD's redhar fedora and the only thing that comes close to actually workin how i want it to is debian but i have a lot of trouble running the X display, anyway since its easter im going to find out what the best OS for my box is, i have thought about using linux but i want to play ROMs on it, i plan on using a joypad to navigate the mouse (joy2key or something like that) and allow it to play games etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom