XBOX 360 pics and info

Status
Not open for further replies.
That thing is crazy, I wish you could order parts from that thing and have them customized for desktop use. I can't see it selling for anywhere under 500 bucks. Will a TV even be able to properly display the capabilities of this thing though?

I read $300, same as the old XBOX when it first came out.

I dont see why a TV couldnt display the capabilities. TV's have a very high refresh rate. What is the difference between playing the XBOX and watching, say, a full blown CGI movie? It's not the TV that has to render it, it is the XBOX or the dvd player. The TV just has to show what the XBOX is throwing out there.

gaara said:
That thing is crazy, I wish you could order parts from that thing and have them customized for desktop use. I can't see it selling for anywhere under 500 bucks. Will a TV even be able to properly display the capabilities of this thing though?

Doesnt have to, TV resolution stinks compared to a decent CRT PC monitor.It just has to have massive processing power and enough video functions to allow the game designers to render things easily and quickly.It has if I remember right only 10mb of high speed ram on its video device,and its embedded in its GPU.

This is the huge difference tween a PC and a game box, TV resolution is quite limited compared to a PC monitor so the bandwidth is much much smaller and refresh rate is fixed.Equivalent TV to PC monitor setting would be having your monitor set at about 640x480@60hz with a dot pitch about triple that of even a cheap monitor.

The good news is the new multicore game tech will give software writers a reason to port multicore games to the desktop PC's as well, this may not bode well for microsoft, this may actually hurt them, time will tell.

TV's have a very high refresh rate.
uhh no they don't, they have crappy refreshrates unless perhaps you had a brand new plasma TV or otherwise HDTV

My tv is 100hz 32" flat screen tube thing, but still 640 X 480.

I was quite shocked at only having 10mb of memory. Does it borrow memory from the ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom