XBOX 360 pics and info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree that if another Halo is the only thing that the XBOX 360 can come up with, they should count me out and several other people out. I mean, Halo is a fun game, but I have a computer. The reason Halo is so fun, is because it was a great CONSOLE first person shooter. However, when they released it for computer, it didn't stand up well and that is because it had to rival games like Doom 3, Half-Life 2, and you can't forget Counter Strike: Source. My point is this... if they can't come up with any games other than another Halo game, then I'll be happy playing Counter Strike: Source for a very long time. I'll just hold back my money and wait for the PS3.

By the way, Knights of the Old Republic was also a great game... but it was released on the computer too, which kind of defeated the purpose of me getting an XBOX seeing as how I already had a top of the line computer that could run the game.

MrBebop26 - i think you said something about the ps3's single cell proccessor might not outperform X360's 3core proccessor.

now i didnt do any research on any of them for anything. but i did hear from some place(like hell if i can rememebr were). That the ps3's Cell proccessor is called a Cell, because its multiple cores are configured in like a Cube shape or a 'Cell'. So it basically has more core's then the X360 or anything for that matter, and is more powerfull. So basically, yea, you can count on the ps3 being more powerfull GFX wise this time around as well.
----------------------------------

i did get the ps1 when it first came out. but i never got anything after it, like the ps2, xbox or gamcube. Though i did play a lot of games for them, from other ppl, and placess. Id have to say the PS2 had much more of a selection for good games again. were as all i saw on Xbox was Halo, and aah... ah.. Halo = 1game on xbox lol.

but ps2 also had a lot of remakes on it, not like the new releases thy made for ps1. so i think this next generation of consoles is whats going to make or break it for the ppl in my age group. Id wager most ppl born in the 90's are going to still wont to buy these consoles no matter how thy turn out game wise.

who would wont to shell over more dough to the devils-advocate anyway. at the very least get a ps3 so your soul isnt banashed from heaven.

You said you think Blu-Ray is getting outdated. That is ridiculous. It isn't even out yet. Like I said Blu-Ray is going against DVD-HD for the new broadcast standard. Could you imagine watching a movie on Blu-Ray? The quality will be amazing. We are talking about multimedia here. The PS3 will be a multimedia beast. That is why it could cost $400 more than the Xbox 360.

Well I don't have the exact link but on Tomshardware there was a article about some new storage defices that held a lot of data and were about the size of a sd card. 130gb comes to mind but honestly I don't remember. Anyway they were saying it should be out in about 2 years.

Anybody know what I'm talking about?

i heard somewere sometime, something about someone using bioelectrical material to get X amount more memory to fit in the size of a memorycard.

is that anyting to do with what you mean?

Heads up the PS3 specs have been released:

CPU

Cell Processor
PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU

RSX @550MHz
1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound

Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing)

Memory

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth

Main RAM 25.6GB/s
VRAM 22.4GB/s
RSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
SB< 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance

2 TFLOPS

Storage

Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1

I/O

USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1
SD standard/mini x 1
CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1

Communication

Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller

Bluetooth (up to 7)
USB 2.0 (wired)
Wi-Fi (PSP)
Network (over IP)

AV Output

Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI: HDMI out x 2
Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1
Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

Disc Media

CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)
DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

The power is impressive at 2TFLOPS compared to Xbox 360 1TFLOPS! The GPU is more powerful than two 6800 Ultras combined!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/16/news_6124681.html?q=1&tag=gs_hp_topslot_click

"Sony also unveiled the PS3's graphics chip, the RSX "Reality Synthesizer," which is based on Nvidia technology. The GPU will be capable of 128bit pixel precision, 1080p resolution, some of the highest HD resolution around. The RSX also has 512MB of graphics render memory and is capable of 100 billion shader operations and 51 billion dot products per second. It also has more than 300 million transistors, larger than any processor commercially available today. It will be manufactured using the 90nm process, with eight layers of metal. The RSX is more powerful than two GeForce 6800 Ultra video cards, which would cost roughly $1,000 total if purchased today."

"To show off the PlayStation 3's graphical brawn, Sony showed several game demos, including an Unreal 3 tech demo of what appeared to be Unreal Tournament 2007. In what must come as a relief to developers, Epic Games' Tim Sweeney was on hand to vouch for the PS3, saying it was "easy to program for" and that Epic had received its first PS3 hardware two months ago. He proved the tech demo was real time by showing it again and by manipulating the camera and zooming in."

They also asome nnounced games:

# Tekken -- Namco.

# Killzone -- Guerilla

# Vision Gran Turismo -- Polyphony Digital

# Formula One -- Sony Liverpool

# Untitled Old West Game -- Rockstar

# Oh-Ni -- Koei

# Mobile Suit Gundam -- Bandai

# Devil May Cry 4 -- Capcom

# Super Gory Wolfenstein Style FPS -- Insomniac

# Metal Gear Solid 4 -- Konami

# EYEdentify Voice Recognition Game -- SCEA