x850xt in a shuttle...???!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up a x850 256MB for 300 Euro from ebay over here in europe they usually go for around 380 euro new so do some currency conversions (US prices are cheaper) . As for cooling I have seen shuttle's barebones (sb95pv2) being sold with the x800 and x850 ATi series. Though as mentioned earlier you got to watch the size of the vid card. Also I would be worried bout overheating as (usually) Intel and ATi do run hotter than AMD and NVidia.

Tell me how you get on cause I got a SD31P arriving soon and am getting a wee bit worried reading this thread :D

Well i take back all that ive said on the small PCs. Ive been doing some searching myself now for a lil toaster and the Hornets are quite nice. They pack some serious power them things! Also i dont think heat is a problem anymore cause the Shuttles are using dual core cpus now and they make some serious heat too. They are now being loaded w/ some decent cooling.

go ahead and build a full scale system... either that or look into a nVidia Geforce 5200 Ultra. Runs cool and has a small fan so it only takes one slott.

hahah also the Hornets man, and also Shuttle them selves are making power boxes as well. And who in their right mind would buy a 5200ultra instead of a 6800GT or in that case who would buy one in the first place"!!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom