x850xt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid said:
Well I have 6800 ultra and its a piece of junk i would trade it for a x800 pro any day. Never getting another Nvidia again.

Wanna swap? Please tell me you want to swap...!!!!

Stupid said:
Well I have 6800 ultra and its a piece of junk i would trade it for a x800 pro any day. Never getting another Nvidia again.

What is it doing?

You can defiantly get a swap for an x800pro no problem on here.

Stupid said:

Whats wrong with your 6800 Ultra. Your the first person I've ever heard complain about that card. Wait....your the guy who complained about it not running Doom 3 on 1600x1200, 4x AA, and still getting like 60 fps if i'm not mistaking.

Doom3 is capped at 60 by default. you have to be smarter then the game lol.

iv never removed the limit, but by the sound of it. if you remove the limit the game may go out of sync or faster then normal.

(command)
-com_fixedtic

(Usage)
-Controls the games tic rate. Defaults to 0, setting this to -1 will remove the 60 FPS cap for singleplayer.

EDIT: note if your talking about multiplayer online, the FPS is limited on the server's end, so theres nothing you can do about it. This is a good thing though, cause it creats a fair game between most ppls different computers.

This is kinda funny....

I have a x800pro and I love it.

And guess what.... I got it to run on a no-name 280w PSU. TRY that will a 6800GT! That thing will fry off right the bat!

And PS 3.0? Why worry about it? Seriously, no card today can run it well enough for anybody satified. Unless of course you have the ultimate gaming machine of all extience! I'm going to laugh when these people with "PS 3.0 cards" can't run The Lost Coast with a frame rate above 20 on High. I was a marketing gimmick. The freakin' 6200's have it! I think it was a smart idea that ATI didn't include PS3.0 with its card because it would have increased the price.

Now, I'm not an ATI fan boy. I did atleast a month of research to find the card I would want.

What specs other than the video card you have? Because I think you have some pretty high end stuff.

Native SM3 games such as Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory run better on Nvidia cards with SM3+DX9 and all the eye candy enabled than they do on ATI's flagship cards which can only run these games in DX8.1 btw. The game looks good in DX8, but its nothing compared to getting the DX9+SM3 effects.

Something said:
What specs other than the video card you have? Because I think you have some pretty high end stuff.

2x 512 meg sticks of PC3200
AMD 3400+ at 2.4GHZ (Right now)
Asus A8V :eek:

A GeForce 6600-6800 Ultra will run lost coast on high no problem. if they can run Splinter Cell Chaos Theory maxed no problem because SCCT has pretty much the same features as lost coast.

for SCCT:

HDR Lighting. check.

Parallax mapping, check.

Soft, dynamic lighting, check.

all of those isted above together will only work if a card has Shader Model 3.0, do ATI cards have that, no. ATI cards are stuck running it in the Dx 8.1 SM 1.1 paths. so essentially, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory looks EXACTLY the same on a GeForce 3 as a Radeon X850XT-PE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom