X800XL vs. 6800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont get that crap soundcard

an m-audio revolution/audiophile @ around $100 kicks any creative's ass

MrBebop26 said:
You just called the best soundcard on the market right now, for the price IMO, crap...

-Ryan

you obviously don't know anything about sound

you just buy into this "creative" crap like everyone else

although it's a better gaming card than m-audio, i've heard the m-audio and the sound blows the creative series away

well hyperX's are good b/c they use BH-5's (is it bh-6 now?)

i don't think the corsait XMS uses anything good
You sure about that? I got a friend whos got a pair so I'll ask him but I could have sworn they were TCCDs....

http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=53&pid=2

thats an article about brainpower PCB, but kingston is in the mix....it doesn't talk about the IC's but I was fairly certain all the ones there were TCCDs

diabloII said:
you obviously don't know anything about sound

you just buy into this "creative" crap like everyone else

although it's a better gaming card than m-audio, i've heard the m-audio and the sound blows the creative series away
Yes, this rig is going to be for gaming. And no, this is not the best card. There is an audigy 4 pro too for $280, which I am not willing to spend on a sound card. The only difference between the 2pp and the 4 pro is that the 4 pro can produce sound up tp 113db, and the pp only 108db. not much of a difference if you ask me.

AB0 you are right and not much of a difference, a very high noisefloor on both cards.

But you dont just look at specs on sound cards. 16 bit, 24 bit, 32 bit, it was all recorded in 16 bit (as CD's are 16 bit)

And yeah, their are better sound cards than the soundblaster crap, the m-audio is not in the same line as it is a stero studio card.

However M-Audio revolutions are aimed at the gaming world, but I have never heard one. Turtle beach are great too and save you alot on the wallet.

Also how many of you know that Soundblaster (And Audigy) are creatives low end cards? Creative EMU is their high end.

btw +1 beer if we ever have a TF meet for diablo

I don't know much about sound cards but I would definitly go with the 6800 GT over the X800. For games right now their isn't a whole lot of noticable difference between the two. But I think with future games you will be very dissapointed with the X800. The 6800 is definitly a better investment in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom