X800 Xl

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxyLoxy

Daemon Poster
X800 XL

ATI has been taking a lot of flak for the X800. Justifiably in many cases, but I think they're now offering a beacon of hope in the X800 XL, and trying to regain some respect. We'll see how it fares when its released, but according to the benches it routinely bests the 6800GT for $100 less, it looks pretty good on paper.

a recent review of the X800 XL

That is a great card for people who are willing to sacrifice price for a bit of a performance decrease. Bravo ATi.

Yes, the Sapphire ATI RADEON X800 XT Platinum Edition is alot better then the 6800 GT/ Ultra. This card does not OC to extreme limits. I was reading some reviews and they OC it from 525-575mhz ClockCore, and from 1120ghz-1.8ghz EffectiveMemory.(With a temp of '81'c). This card at stock speeds, is at its architecture limits.

But i like it alot, im thinking about saving a little more money and getting it. I suggest anyone with the money to get it!

Guys, the X800 XL is a great bang for the buck. (Please don't make a fuss over this comment) It took ATi around 13-15 cards to actually get somewhere with the X series. The X600 was suppose to par with the 6600 and I now have a card that doesn't even come close to it. The other thing is that the X800 XL will only be that good on PCIe 16x. If you use the AGP version, if there is an AGP version, then the 6800GT will no doubt be better. The X800 XL uses more bandwith and needs PCIe 16x. All I'm saying is that it looks like a very nice card for PCIe users. Secondly, what about SLI. I believe ATi's version of SLI will be on the Radeon Xpress chipsets and the boards on that chipset don't look too promising (look at the MSI one that was just released).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom