x4 965 vx i7 920

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say the i7 920 and 870 are a little bit better in games and a good bit better in encoding.

The P II 965 holds it own in games, and even (slightly) outperforms the i7 920 in some. Gurusan is right, though... the i7 is much better at encoding. Intel has always outperformed AMD with encoding, with AMD performing better in gaming.

I got the x4 965 purely becuase of the AMD Bang For Buck. Not just the CPUs, but the motherboards too.
I play games alot and I can not complian about the performance.

The P II 965 holds it own in games, and even (slightly) outperforms the i7 920 in some. Gurusan is right, though... the i7 is much better at encoding. Intel has always outperformed AMD with encoding, with AMD performing better in gaming.

I need to get used to seeing PII as Phenom II. An old fart like me is too used to seeing PII and thinking Pentium II.

It really depends on your budget. If you can afford the i7 get it if not go with the PII. You will get slightly better performance with encoding with an i7 at stock.

If someone can't afford a i7 but can afford a PII 965 I would go for a i5 750 since its a tiny bit faster than a 965 at stock speed. And a lga1156 motherboard is around the cost of a AM3 board maybe a little more but the i5 is $50 cheaper than a 965.

If we are talking about bang/buck then 775 owns. p45 board + q9550 e0 will clock higher on air than any Phenom 2 and perform faster clock for clock. Exactly why I decided to stay with 775.

Saw An article that had benchmarks showing the i5 scores for gaming suites were better than the x965. Ill post it later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom