Wrong temperature readings? need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdryicexx

In Runtime
I have heard that abit mobo's often read wrong temperatures and Im wondering if thats the case with me.. my current computer specs are written bellow in my sig, and without overclocking and being IDLE my bios reads my cpu at 70 celcius.. 5 seconds later, i booted out and went into windows, and MotherBoards Monitor was telling me 45 celcius.. which I believe is right.. BUT, when my cpu begins to get heavy load, it should jump from 45 to around 50 celcius right? wrong, it goes from 45 to 60! is that wrong temp readings? my fan speed is at 90% (highest), what gives? again I am not over clocking anything at all..

and also, I read somewhere in the bios that my cpu THRM is at 50%, what is that?

My abit doesnt show that much, but it is still high. Around 50c sometimes.

And good case airflow helps alot

should go like this:

Air --->|FAN -------> ----->Fan| Air----->
Air --->|FAN -------> CPU --- >Fan| Air----->

I have 3 fans total not counting my video card fan and power supply.. One exhause fan, right next to it is my cpu heatsink fan (came with cpu) and right bellow it (more towards north bridge but in between) is my mobo heatsink fan.. all working at top or near top rpm speeds..

i think its more of a software issue rather then hardware, because it is impossible to jump from 42-45 celcius idle to 60 celcius onload in a matter of 10-15 seconds.. right?

and also, does mother board monitor work with the bios? for example if my abit bios will show incorrect temperature readings, will MbM show incorrect ones, aswell?

and finally, are there any other accurate temperature programs?

You may have a faulty sensor on your board.

If you put the system together, you are able to ensure that the CPU fan is mounted securely without play, that there is a good thermal paste on the CPU between it and the fan,

Ensure that MOBO 5 is set to read the correct sensor,,

otherwise,, check you warranty,,

I have the abit nf7-s,, no issues ,,

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom