Wrong CPU Speed displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeBadger

Solid State Member
Well I Updated and built another PC.

My CPU speed is being displayed incorrectly though.

I have a AMD Athlon 2700+ which is a correct speed of 2.1 Ghz I believe. My Motherboard is an Asus A7N8X Deluxe. I have the latest bios I believe Rev 2.xx and Bios Rev 1007 (which my CPU-Z program displays).

How do I correct this?

Thanks

Beebadger:cool:

Oh I'm sorry..lol

When I go into " System Prperties General Tab" it displys AMD Athlon 1500+ 1.3 GHz.

Thanks CrasAbbott

Well I seem to be having a problem locating that menu in my Bios screen.

I have the Phoenix AwardBios.

I looked in Advance Chipset Features, but can't find anything to change to 333 Mhz FSB.

I agree with BxSlipSk.. Look at ur mobo manuals again .. there has to be a jumper onthe mobo ..set it to 333 ..this will definately solve ur problem

alright, well i was having this exact problem and i read this forum, and now it's fixed. i'll just tell ya exactly what i did. looked in my mobo manual and found the jumper "clear CMOS memory" it said to switch it for a few seconds then switch it back. when i started up it went straight to my bios. on the cpu PnP setup page, the cpu frequency was reset to 100MHz. i just changed that over to 166 and it registered the right cpu speed.

Well, well that fixed it!!!

Thanks alot eso11!!

I just switched the 100mhz to 166mHz and bang it now registers as 2.2 Ghz AMD 2700+.

Now I'm ready for Doom 3 and Half Life 2!!!!

Beebadger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom