WOW! This owns all... I'm freakin' deaf now!!! - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 10:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally posted by hu_xu
You gotta love it. I myself have the Z-560. 400 Watts 4.1. Some people say the Z-680 is better than the Z-5500 but Z-680 I think has been discontinued in favour of the Z-5500. Unless you're talking specialty speakers the only PC speakers I have heard better are Klipsch ProMedia speakers. They have less distortion and powerful treble. Best in the biz. Before buying my set I was actually thinking of buying Klipsch until Futureshop had a boxing day sale for my Z-560 for $99!!! Insane price because it sold nearly $300 at the time. Hey DJ-Chris if you're thinking about buying the Z-5500 buy them here:

http://www.logiccomputerhouse.com/si...imit=10&page=2

At $359.99 CAD its an insane price or try Klipsch. Those speakers are unbelievable.
I am just buying some new yorkville ysm1p's (studio monitors) that will cost me 700$ CDN with taxes for a pair

No money, expisally since I need a new sound card too

Going to get a stero card (m-audio audiophile 2496) for it

May run yamaha yst-m10's as rear's as well

Old 05-06-2005, 10:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ-CHRIS
I am just buying some new yorkville ysm1p's (studio monitors) that will cost me 700$ CDN with taxes for a pair

No money, expisally since I need a new sound card too

Going to get a stero card (m-audio audiophile 2496) for it

May run yamaha yst-m10's as rear's as well
Those are sweet. Guessing my the DJ in your name you need more specialized equipment. Paradigms are sweet too but I think I had this discussion with you in another thread.

Old 05-06-2005, 01:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Monster Techie

I have been eying these speakers for a while, I might not be far behind you on buying these. My biggest dilemma is deciding on going surround or stereo.

Question: How long are the wires on the speakers? For fronts/center/rears? I am guessing they have extensions available to purchase?

Question: I am pretty sure I read that the stands can also be used for wall mounting. Have you done this? I am wondering how well that works, as I would like to eventually have them all wall mounted.

BE HEARD - Techonvent
DS3 | E6400 - 3.2GHz 24/7 | 2GB OCZ PLat. PC6400 | 6800GT | Zippy 460W
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master Techie

ive been dying for a set of those babies...im still using Logitech Z-340 2.1 speakers. Thoguth if u want to get great budget speakers, at $100, ill steer u towards the Klispch ProMedia GMX A-2.1 set.

-AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchestor
-MSI K8N Neo4-F
-Sapphire Radeon X850 XT
-2x 1024 Corsair XMS Pro

<form action=\"http://www.srsyo.org/tfsearch.php\" method=\"get\">
<input type=\"text\" name=\"search\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value="Search!"></form> Search TF before you post!
Old 05-06-2005, 03:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

Newegg.com has them for $269.00 plus S&H of like $15.00. The box is huge and weights over 60LBS. SO the $15.00 is well worth it.

Yes you can wall mount them, but the center channel you can't mount. Which doesn't matter to me. I haven't wall mounted the Fronts and rears yet, but, i'm planning on it this weekend when i have more time.
I'm going to really crank this sucker up this weekend cause i'm havin' a few people over for a drunkin' feista... I'm sure the neighbors will complain... But, Freak'em... My brothers a cop in my town and he'll be there too... WOOOHOOO!!!!

Oh, by the way: IMO the Klipsch ProMedia speakers aren't better then the Logitech Z-5500's. A friend of mine has the $350.00 system and i've crank those up and they aren't as good as these. Even he said so. Then again the acoustic of my room and his room are very different. He's is in a small bedroom with tons of furniture and mine is in a larger room, hardwood floors, hardly any furniture, a plasma TV on the wall and 1 Sweet Recliner.... My room has more of a "Hall" echo to it. Which I really like. I should convince him to bring his stuff over and we can test them both out. I doubt he will though because it would too much of a pain in the butt to take it all apart...
Old 05-06-2005, 03:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
Him
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Him Send a message via Yahoo to Him

nice, looks like you got the weekend all planned out. Have fun, try to stay off the porcelin bus!
Old 05-06-2005, 03:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru

Default meh....

meh Im satisfied with my 3watt pos speakers that i got with my ibm computer from 1996 dont really care about sound but if I had the money i would definately upgrade but im in high school and poor so there ya go

Thanks!

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
Old 05-06-2005, 03:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

You guys talk about watts like it's a measure of loudness.

Is it possible to ceiling mount the logitech's without sevre modifacation?

Unless I have a computer in a perfect square room in the middle, ceiling mount is a must
Old 05-06-2005, 03:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

hmmm.. Ceiling mounting... I think you could actually now that I look at them... Yeah you could... They are very adjustable. You wouldn't reall yhave to MOD too much of anything... Hmmm... I wish I could do this it's not an option where i'm living... oh well..
Old 05-06-2005, 04:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
Monster Techie

BTW all, Dell Small Business has the set for $239.99 and free shipping. I checked and it would be $257 out the door for me in California. That is the best price by far I have seen. This has gotten me excided. I might get those *****s!

BE HEARD - Techonvent
DS3 | E6400 - 3.2GHz 24/7 | 2GB OCZ PLat. PC6400 | 6800GT | Zippy 460W
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
Closed Thread