WOW! Good Lord: ATI is back!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, even if it does break the 3DMark05 record, without SM3.0, this is a moot point. It will be amazing to see what double X900XTs can do!

Yeah, I thought I had a pretty nice X800XT PE AGP overclock with 610/1280 - Cooled just with an Arctic Sliencer 4 & AS5. Runs total smooth with ZERO Artifacts and no reboots. About 58C full load.
I've actually played DOOM 3 & HL2, no problems.

Someone was telling me that the X800XT PE can't be overclocked very well. May-be I got a good card.

The x850XT really is a good card and looking at it from a statistical point of view, is worth every penny. Really the only flaw of it is the lack of proper shader instruction support.

Crossfire supposedly offers anywhere from a 40-80% performance gain over the single card, and I believe it's been agreed to outperform SLI. I'm not one to like either solution but ATi is doing a number of things just plain better than nVidia at this point and the Fudo really did come at a good time as this is the timespan where games are being introduced with PS3.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Just found this link from the futuremark site. A well known overclocker named "Macci" breaks the 3Dmark05 record, "WITH ATI".

He used 2 Dual X850XT Platinum Editions in Crossfire & and FX-55. Crazy OC's and some serious cooling. Scored 15,498.

LOL: EDIT - He got the Core over 900MHz and Ram over 720Mhz. Damn!

Sick!
Link: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=64513
And I can break the top-speed record for a cheetah, using a bull-moose with plenty of speed and electric-shock persuasion.

What's the point?

Whats the point of racing cars?
Whats the point of any competition sport?

All you want is to be recognized as better than the next guy at something that you are passionate about.

OCing isnt for everyone, but it was for this guy, and a few thousand others.

All futuremark synthetic benchmarks are biased towards ATI as it is.....I'm not saying that those cards alone arent powerful muchless in this dual card solution but meh, with the benches being biased towards ATI as it is, and like the fact that they are such ridiculously expensive cards but oh wait, no SM3 which we all know will be more and more predominate with these newer games coming out it's just pointless........it's just like ATI to make some failed attempt at the last minute once Nvidia has had something out for a while now, to come up with numbers that really mean squat to be like "oh see we're not out we swear!"

Personally I'll be wating for the G70 vs R520 gaming benchmarks before I start making decisions.....based on that THEN I might give ATI some credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom