wow... BSOD twice during BIOS update.. on STOCK settings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the bios flashing horror stories I've heard thru out the years, flashing thru Windows is the major common factor.

Of all the bios flashing horror stories I've heard thru out the years, flashing thru Windows is the major common factor.

While i can understand your point, it also has to be taken into consideration what else these people who talk about these horror stories were doing at the same time. Did they turn off all applications? Did they turn off all things in their Task Manager that were not mandatory to run Windows?

Or was it more likely that while they were flashing they were on a website like this, updating their Facebook status and Tweeting?

This is not even considering other factors like a infection on their system and such. I have used the Windows Utility for many years and not once have i ever had an issue. Of course i also do mine from Safe Mode to stop all programs including AV and stop many drivers from operating. That has always worked for me flawlessly. I did 8 different flashes using Windows on my Dell alone.

Antec if it fails again, after you clear the CMOS see if you can do the flash from safe mode to give yourself the best chances for success. Safe Mode withOUT networking. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom