wow... BSOD twice during BIOS update.. on STOCK settings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
What the heck now?? I found another board I want, but I'd have to get new RAM for it (DDR3, but my PII 940 is an AM2+/DDR2 chip)..

Anyway.. I'm tryin to flash my BIOS to the newest versions and this piece of crap BSOD'd twice on me already! I've dropped all the bios settings back to stock, not overclocked.. I'm about to bump the VCore up if it does it again. The CPU meter is registering at 100% for most of the flash..

Using @BIOS on a Gigabyte board.. On liquid too... :omg:

I don't know if you ran memtest yet, but its possible that you cooked your RAM.

Clear CMOS and start over if you haven't already..

^ If it blue screens on me again, I'm gonna clear the CMOS. It made it thru the second update so far..

Somehting is telling me this chipset doesn't like heat... AT ALL... I'm really jonzing for a 790FX board.. This is a 790GX board, but it's been buggy lately.. It won't let me get anywhere NEAR 4 gigs.. It booted 3.8 before, but won't go near it now..

Do you have a water cooling block on the north bridge?

Could be worth it to throw a High CFM fan on it, if it does not have a block.

no water on the NB... I've thought about it.. I've felt the heatsinks during operation before and the darn things aren't even warm.. I've been thinking about replacing the thermal compound on them, but I don't want to take the board out to do it..

I'm getting some nice airflow through there.. All of the fans on this Antec 900 are on the medium setting, and the top 200mm fan is on high. Ambient temps here are pretty cool as well.

I'll stick another fan in there right quick.. I had it sitting on the GFX card last time pointing up at the NB/MOSFET heatsinks..

Board is a GA MA790GP DS4H..

Here's a pic.. :D just because I can.. I love my Blackberry.. :D Pics could be better, tho..
My top UV Cold Cathode crapped out... :\
20135_1225798296690_1581011704_570929_39005_n.jpg

Flashy Flashy!! I love having a laptop!
20135_1225800256739_1581011704_570933_1027170_n.jpg

^ it did before.. it crashed the first time... THen I dropped the clock off..

I love this @BIOS Feature thru Gigabyte.. Very handy... Eliminates the need for thumb drives and 3.5 floppy discs.. I DL'd all 4 bios upgrades and just flash away... Very easy! :D -Had to start over after the first crash.. Had to DL ALL of the upgrades again from F3 to F6..

Ok.. It made it through the last F6 BIOS Flash with out a crash-fit- of bluescreen madness... So I guess I'm good to go now until something buggy rears its head.. LOL

Just wondering why it would BSOD from a VERY basic 15x clock and then BSOD again on stock frickin settings?? Very odd..

Most flash utilities are through windows/OS now.

they work fine so long as your computer doesn't turn off in the middle of it.

Most mobo manufacturers have a way to flash your bios thru Windows/OS. This does not mean it is safe or a good way to flash. By having an OS in the background it allows to many other possible operations to be performed while flashing. This thread is evidence enough, "BSOD twice during Bios update". Antec is lucky his PC is still operating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom