Wow, AMD alien to me, help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

glopal

Solid State Member
I was reading the AMD vs Intel forum and amd sounds cool, so i went to look at some of them and i am completely confused!

So i am assuming that 1ghz intel is different from 1ghz AMD, what would be 4ghz Intel in AMD???

People were saying that AMDs were cheaper then intel, yet i saw one for $900CDN, the intel one i was planning to get is only $296.

So can someone help me, like wat socket for AMD do i want, and how many ghz do i want, and i see that AMD is also measuring their chips in BITs, i really need some help, lol.

Okay.

If you are interesting in more gaming than apps, or even maybe 50/50 between the two, then go with an AMD 64. I would SUGGEST going with the socket 939 boards, as everyone here says they are the future (I don't know for sure).

About which AMD 64bit...?

Well I would suggest you look at your budget, you will notice that the 2939's make a price jump right after the 3500+, which is a great chip and many people here have it so they will tell you how it is im sure, if you ask them.

But, if that is a little high for your budget, then I would suggest a 3200+ in the socket939. Or the 3400+, which is a level up, but MAKE SURE you are looking at the s939 version, not the 754.

Im not exactly sure the exact equivilant of a 4.0ghz intel = AMD...

But I would bet some money that the AMD 3500+ would outperform it in any game.

chart_farcry.gif

chart_doom3.gif

glopal said:

People were saying that AMDs were cheaper then intel, yet i saw one for $900CDN, the intel one i was planning to get is only $296.
they are cheaper, that 900 dollar AMD you saw was an FX series, is comparable to a P4 extreme edition Intel which runs 999 dollars.

actually, the cheaper AMD chips outperform the more expensive comparable Intel chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom