WoW - 45FPS 260GTX??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
I just made my mate a PC and his E8500 + 4GB DDR2 GSkill PI + 260GTX gets around 45FPS in WoW. Ive never played the game, but for the games graphics and such i am shocked.

And my other friends PC: Q6600 + 8800GT + 2GB Ram gets about 30fps.

Isnt WoW meant to be the least intensive game out???? Whats going on???

BTW, all settings are maxed and the resolution is only set to 1280x1024. hahaha.

It may be limited to that, you don't need more than 45fps on a game like WoW, have you tried the ultimate crysis :)p) or COD4?

I get 40-60fps in WoW (depending on where I am) with most options cranked with an 8800GTS :p Do you have Vertical Sync turned on in the Video options? That locks you to a multiple of your refresh rate. Do you have AA and stuff like that on too?

WoW isn't the least GFX intensive game. Steam would have those. :p

wow is old tech, new systems perform awful on it, my bros pc is old and he gets like 200~fps average with a 7950 GT and an e6600, were as i get like 30 on a 3ghz e2180 and an 8800 GT, its just that its old tech i think, i know alot of people who get bad fps on good systems ;x

Its your resolution. Also, tweak some of your settings, there are new shadows that really bring the framerate to a crawl if you crank the slider too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom