wow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafky2000

Solid State Member
i havent seen that b4 thats crazy up to 3.0ghz each QUAD so correct me if im wrong that would be a combined speed of 12ghz?? whoah i never realized what mac's have turned into. i havent been on one for like 10 years ago in a school.

Okay, well this is the second thread you've started (that I've seen), thinking that you are posting a reply.

Please stop.

People don't realize that multi-core CPUs don't "stack up". Dual core doesn't give 200% of a single core like simple logic would assume. Example, Oblivion gets around a 15% increase in performance from dual core clocked the same as a single core.

Dual cores and quad cores run independent of each other each running at their own speed and handling their own set of processes so the only real advantage to having 4 cores would be in multi tasking several programs at once like listening to music while playing a game because your waiting for a DVD to burn.

sorry!!!

ok wow i just realized what happened and i have fopund the reply link. sorry about the crap.... anyways i realize it doesnt stack up but what i was wondering was if it is acutally 4, 3ghz processors.... it was a reply to someone saying they wanted a MP (mac pro) and i looked up some stuff.... yada yada yada anywho sorry for the inconvenience and i found the reply button!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom