WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
My brother is upgrading his long over due to be upgraded GTX570 and since he's saved up some he's going with a 1080 most likely and he's wanting a 4K monitor but I have not kept up on them and he's choosing between these two, Which one would you choose and why out of these two and if you have any other suggestions I'd be happy to look at them for him.
SAMSUNG U28E590D Black 28" 4K UHD Widescreen LCD/LED Monitor, AMD FreeSync 1ms, 370 cd/m2 DCR Mega Infinity (1000:1), VESA Mountable, HDMI DisplayPort-Newegg.com

ASUS PB287Q Black 28" 4K UHD 1ms 10-bit HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor height&Pivot adjustable 300 cd/m2 100,000,000:1 - Newegg.com

Dauntae

Last edited:
I agree, but he's pretty set on what he wants, he does need a monitor, still using a cheap 1050 Acer he's had for years and doesn't want to have to upgrade any time soon. I'm still on my 27" 1080 and it's all good to me, Any suggestions on a 1440 in the 28" range I could suggest to him

I wast able to click those links from my phone last night, wow 4k are cheaper than i tho.
we should wait for someone who has more insight on screen cuz i personally have a 27" Benq ips 1440p and i got it cuz it was on sale. i really like the screen but im sure there are better ones.

In that range there is a nice Asus MG 1440p 144hz screen that I would highly suggest going to unless he wants to turn down a lot of settings for 4k. Remember I have 2 highly OCd Titans and have an issue pushing 4k on some games. It'd be a different story if he was buying the new Titan next month.

ASUS MG279Q Black 27" 144 Hz 4ms (GTG) WQHD Widescreen 2560 x 1440 LED IPS Panel, Adaptive-Sync (Free-Sync), Ergonomic Professional high performance Monitor, Pivot & High Adjustable-Newegg.com

Last time I saw it it was 400 bucks but I guess that deal's off. It is IPS though. Basically the Freesync version of the ROG and cheaper.

I don't recommend anybody to hop on the 4k train right now with 120hz stuff right around the corner. I've already been seeing plenty of 120hz 4k TVs out in the wild so PC monitors will be next.

Back
Top Bottom