Would this be a good gaming LCD? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2004, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Would this be a good gaming LCD?

Im not sure what to look for in LCD monitors. This seemed to have the highest contrast ration at the store.

Its not listed but at the store it had a response time listed at 23ms whatever that means.

Systen Specs:
Aspire X Dreamer II Black Case
PSU 350watts
2.6 Ghz P4 HT 800mhz FSB
Asus P4R800-VM Mother Board
1024 MB Corsair XMS pc3200 RAM
eVGA GeForce 128mb 5700 Ultra
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
80 Gb Western Digital HD
Memorex 48x cd-r/rw // 16x dvd
Logitech MX wireless Duo keyboard and mouse
Logitech Z680 5.1 THX certified surrond system
19\"CRT monitor
Old 12-13-2004, 04:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

well idk about lcd's for gamming, from what ive heard they are only good for space savin and look nice and for office's and stuff, but gaming i would choose a nice CRT monitor, like a nice NEC 19' crt, but see what other people and just dont do anything u might regret in the long run because what people say like me.

Old 12-13-2004, 05:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via AIM to spydersniiper

too much money for that monitor, u can buy 2 quality monitors for the same amount of money lol. just dump your money into something else instead.... but it will def look nice, but i havent heard that the technology is there yet for the high resolution and the quality for gaming.

God doesnt exist.....
Old 12-13-2004, 05:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default If you have your heart set on an LCD

Newegg.com has a special till tommorow on $10 cheaper, 1000:1 contrast ratio and 1lb heavier monitor. Unfortunatly I couldn't find one with the same quality and a better response time. Real bummer, because I'm planning out my system and the desk I want to put it on is pretty small.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

a 23 ms response time isnt too good. LCD's are not bad for gaming, i dont know why people throw such a fit, CRT's are cheaper but look at those behemoths! theyre ungodly ugly and sucks to be you if you gotta move the thing (do any of you LAN?). if you get a good ms response time lik 16 and a decent contrast ratio and actually try out the monitor they are just fine. and the space saving does make a difference. How many people on here do stuff to their computer just for looks and specs?? just to have a higher 3dmark score, it doesnt help your gaming all that much, so i dont know if you can talk bad about buyin a monitor for looks. Ill take looks over miniscule improvement, people are actually impressed by my monitor & comp w/o having to know anything about computers, I get a lot of compliments (since bragging seems to be what a lot of people are goin for). and btw i do need an lcd being in a dorm, and im not bragging im saying call it what it is and dont be a hypocrite. What about eye strain?? do people like that?? (this is a "if the shoe fits"comment so dont say anything if it DNA)
Old 12-13-2004, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

sorry i forgot to post these
and this one too

not sure how good these brands are but they have a good response time of 16. did you want a 19" or what are your wants?

Closed Thread