Is it worth upgrading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny_M

Baseband Member
Hi i was wondering is it worth upgrading my Abit nForce2 NF7-M with a 2500+ to a new 64bit mobo and processor or should i stick with what i have got i can oc my pro to a 3200+ thanks

What do you use it for?

Yes, it is worth the upgrade, but if your a gamer, you would get more of a boost upgrading the GFX:confused:

mainly work like webdesign and i like 2 play some of the latest games but i want a really nice and fast compsomething i can oc to :p

How much do you have for a budget?

You can get a 9800 Pro for around $220, a AMD64 3000+ is around $200 I think and a new mobo will be probably $150?:confused:

I just got some stuff, if you are on a budget the 9800 series will do you well, if not go for the 6800 or x800 series...looking at you setup that is almost the exact same i had. And the AMD 64 3000+ costs somewhere in the $200+ area, and my mobo which is one of the best for the 64 bits, was $115

Thats not bad at all and i hear that the 64 bit windows is excellent so i might just upgrade :D

whether or not to upgrade?
that depends on what you need it to do, and your budget

AMD will only sell 64-bit processors next year, and it's good not to be 'left behind' in technology (hides my 500MHZ box while nobody is looking) but then again the 2500+ is still powerful enough to play games like Farcry, although games like that depend more on video cards than CPU.

for upgrades, I agree that you'd be better off getting a better GFX card than a mobo+CPU
the Radeon 9800 pro's are getting pretty cheap now
here's one for $200

although it would do you good if you did upgrade to a 64-bit processor

cool i might just do that apokalipse would you look at my post on broadcast signal and any advice would be great :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom