Be worried about these temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

algu7344

In Runtime
Hey all,

I have noticed since the hotter weather that my load temps are higher(duh). But I got to like 80 C earlier and im like dude. It isnt case air flow, very tidy, and 2, 65 CFM 120 mm fans, and a 92 mm 42 CFM fan. And my heatsink is pretty good, a thermaltake xaser. At 6000 RPM and all copper heatsink, what should I do? Soon I will have to start putting on the air conditioner to cool the room down.

Any Ideas?

Re:

Hello,

......:rolleyes: RUUUNNN! :eek:

Okay. That is high. What processor do you have, what form factor is your PC and what thermal solutions do you have overall?

I dont even have to ask what kind of CPU you have. 80 C is waaaay too hot. Especially considering 75 C is Thermal Spec for some high-end Presc-hot-s.

I know prescotts are a *****, but there is nothing I can really do. The room is just 2 damn hot. I might have to resort to watercooling in the near future.

You should underclock. I would rather take a performance hit, rather than burn a chip. You might have to re-apply the thermal paste (if it wasnt done right in the first place).

How about some AC in that room? Most watercooling will not drop your temps that much if the room/ambient temp is high since the radiator will be using that room's air to cool the pipes. Unless you want to go with a radiator/air conditioning combo and that would be expensive.

Iono, I am not too worried about it now that I think about it. The processor will underclock itself when it reaches 75 C. and cut the voltage to prevent damage to it.(circuitry really). maybe I will just up the warning beep on hardware doctor from 80 to 85

Bad idea.. not only will you suffer with a slowed, unstable system.. you could be doing permanent damage to all of your parts. And definitely decreasing the life of your parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom