Worried...

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
Hey i got back from Tim Hortons tonight and my brother said that my computer started to smell like melting glue so he turned it off. And when i came home i thought they put off a few caps (the ones u get a at a buck or two). So i went to turn my computer back on and the power light came on but nothing else happened. I took everything off and made sure the wires were connected and put it all back together and everything worked. What could have this been i mean the smell cant be good.

im guessing ur powersupply is fried. or soon to be at least. i recommend getting another powersupply. that would be the only thing the would do that. so just get as good 350 or 400 w psu and u should be fine.

Thats pretty weird. I couldent tell you and be positive whats wrong. But when i read that i was thinking powersupply also. Maybe the psu fan is dead. When you opened the computer up, did you notice any smoke or a smell coming from any components?

I would agree that it is the psu. If it was the cpu it would have shut down once it reaches a certain temp. What was the brand and model of the psu you had in your pc? Its also something easy to test to see if it is the psu.

I had a defective psu out of the box once. It would power up the led on the mobo and the power led on the front of the pc, but nothing else. I tired an older psu that was a 100w less and it worked fine. So to me it does sound like its a psu on the verge of biting the dust.

Something seems to be burning up.. I was working on my flash movie project and my computer shuts down 3 hours in... i am really dumb not to save every ounce in a while. Anyways i go to check what went wrong and when i went to pull the power cord out i got burnt from the psu it was really hot. i left it for about 10 minutes and it turned back on (had to loose some heat?) So that must mean the fan stopped or something . But as "AND_YOU_ARE" pointed out the computer would shutdown if the cpu reached a certain temp. Everything seems to be ok for now cause i took the side cover off untill i get a new psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom