A Word To LGA775 OCers! Important!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
Those of you who have Intel Pentium 4 or Celeron D processors on the LGA775 platform should pay very close attention to this. If you are overclocking an LGA775 processor, the Intel stock heatsink is the best non-substance cooler for the LGA775 platform. It can hit really high RPMs and it can cool better than any other aftermarket heatsink. If you are in need of better cooling for the LGA775, stick w/ the stock heatsink for non-substance cooling. However, if you want water/substance cooling then go for it!

I'm using stock heatsink and I am very happy with it, keeps the cpu much cooler than my 478 prescott with stock cooling. But do you have any links or have you used different coolers and have data to back up this statement? Just wondering cause i think it would be interesting reading.

Josh

I have used different heatsinks. I've used a 3d Rocket Cooler and 3d Rocket Cooler Pro and those two couldn't even shave off 2 C from full load temps. Let alone they added around 10C. So, yeah stock hsf is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom