1. creative driver
2. nvidia driver
3. mozilla firefox
2e54fip.png

I think I could have gotten away with a 40GB intel

20 second to boot from pressing power button
9 for bios
11 from when "windows is starting" shows up

I get sub 30 seconds with my 7200.12 Seagate... Obviously SDD's are faster but i didnt realise i wasnt that bad off.

Nice ! I ordered a 30GB, not big by any means, but big enough to hold Windows 7 and my couple primary games. Can't wait .. new computer build only a few days away.

My intel 40gb should be here tomorrow or the next day :p Stupid purolator has no tracking at all.

Which should be just in time for a clean install before march 1st!

I'll keep my 50 dollars and deal with the 15 seconds extra of load time :)

Just kidding, i'd love to have a solid state if i were to purchase another drive (just purchase two 500 gb ones for a raid storage setup).

What is the life expectancy of a solid state drive? I know it isn't nearly as long as a platter, but didn't know of the time frame.

For the average home user it's a pretty long, long while. I know we've got some SSDs in our servers at work, and we're only planning to replace them in mebbe 2 years (depending on how long they end up lasting, but that's how long we're expecting).
Servers have a ton of read/write happening all day, I'm expecting my home SSD should last at least triple the time.

I thought that SSD's lasted a whole lot longer than standard drives since there is no moving parts. I am sure I read that in several places, here being one of them.

I don't know if it's the placebo effect or what, but it feels like everything is a lot more responsive.
What is the life expectancy of a solid state drive? I know it isn't nearly as long as a platter, but didn't know of the time frame.

I don't know either
at least OCZ offers 3 year warranty, hopefully something better and larger (capacity) will exist then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom