it won't boot up :(( help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
DUDE! are you even reading the posts???!
I said it was 256 and now its 128, problem is not with the ram. and read the post about RAM too. It's an EEPROM.

yes, I had a 200gb maxtor hd that had an ATA card with it. then I took that out and put it on this computer. then it got messed up. i tried booting with linux CDs but nothing! it already has a 4gb hd. then I took out the battery from the mobo. now this.....

Ok for starters if im reading this correctly your trying to install a ATA controler and HD into this old computer that was working fine . This can be done but you have to zero out (erase data) on the Hard Drive reformat the Hard Drive then re-install the operating system . Now you said you allready have a 4 gig HD in it . Take out the ATA controler and new HD and see if it will boot and run from your old setup. If you want to switch to the ATA controler you will have to set up the old 4 gig HD and the new HD from scratch zero out reformat and re-install your Operating systems .
(zero out means erase all data on the HD , you can go to the Manufacturer website and download a utility that will run from a floppy to clear the HD off all data for a fresh install and format it as well )

dude! are you reading the posts?! I'm not trying to put in an ATA, I took it out now it won't boot! don't you think if it did I would've installed an os on it?!!!! It gives me that CRC Check Sum error.

Kalpak they just trying to back track you a little bit to narrow what could be wrong.From when your system worked to what you did between it booting and you get your check sum error.They dont know what you did miles away less you spell it out.Get a lot of folks to the boards some know evething some just know how to turn it on.

Sorry. I didn't mean to be rude.
I appreciate all the help. :)

So far the only possible solution that I got was to replace the battery.

Any more ideas? comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom