Wont Boot Anymore!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nile

Solid State Member
Hi peeps, I have a problem with my old AMD 800mhz wich wont boot anymore. This morning when I came to this computer, I noticed it was making no more noise, no fans, nothing on the screen etc... and there was only the power led that was blinking on and off all the time. I turned the computer off by holding the button a bit and tried to boot it up again. nothing.

The power supply work, the power button too obviously since I turned it off, the MB inside led is open... but nothing happens.

Whats should I do?

its a k7v via chipset motherboard slot A with a 800mhz processor, scsi hard drive and all...

im really clueless on this, and the asus website dosent seem to have anything concerning this trouble

could it be the lithium battery that blew off?

btw just to mention, I never OCed this rig, and the fans did all work well. I used it as my file server for over 2-3 years

hmmm

do the hard drives spin?
is the lithium battery in its proper seating?

it could be that the bios chip has shot the dust, or it could be a bad battery.

i ask about the hard drives because when my mobo went everything spun up and everything went but the system wouldnt boot, then i got it to beep, and it was a bios checksum error. That could be your problem.

haven't heard of this happening, but it sounds like the Mobo/BIOS
try the least expensive options first; replacing the battery if needed, if your board is still under warranty you might want to exchange it and see if that helps.

yeah I just tried the lithium c2032 from my other computer in it and nothing turned on again... so you think that the bios may be fried? How can this happen?

btw, anybody knows a good website who sells old computer parts? =)

There's no old computer on newegg. For now I only found 2 wesites that sell old computer parts. One have a K7m but im pretty reluctant in buying it since its not a Kx-133 chipset, but the price is good... the other only sells old refurbished mb at around 100-130$. pretty sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom