wont boot after install

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
<previouse post about same computer>

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64607

After all the problems in the other post, just when windows was about to finish and i needed to use the mouse, it did not work so i touched the plug and it moved the mother board, probably grounding it again. now the computer does not boot. the screen is black, fans run but wont boot. i took out the cmos battery but did nothing.

benzimm86 said:
<previouse post about same computer>

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64607

After all the problems in the other post, just when windows was about to finish and i needed to use the mouse, it did not work so i touched the plug and it moved the mother board, probably grounding it again. now the computer does not boot. the screen is black, fans run but wont boot. i took out the cmos battery but did nothing.

You mean you tried to jiggle the PS/2 mouse and your motherboard hit the bottom of your case? Why wasn't it secured?

it was not secured becaues when all the screws would be in it would hit the case and ground itself out and turn on.

Doesn't sound good. Windows loaded fine, the motherboard fell onto your case, now it won't boot.

Aside from the obvious (like a power or IDE cable being lose from the fall), it sounds like you may have some physical damage on your board.

no nothing fell. the board was sitting on the screw pegs and someone got grounded. the case is laying flat on its side

I had the same problem and it all revolved around repositioning my MOBO so it would ground properly. Eventually I got a better case and the thing mounted with ease and no grounding issues.

You up and running yet?

Do you happen to have another case laying around you can install the MOBO into? Just to test it. I did that and found out everything worked fine, I was afraid I had damaged my CPU or MOBO but when I popped it in an old case I had it fired up perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom