Wireless USB Keyboard and Standby - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2004, 04:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to xeromem
Default Wireless USB Keyboard and Standby

It seems I am unable to bring my computer out of standby with either my keyboard or mouse. Both are from a Logitech package called the MX Duo (Very nice btw). I checked the BIOS and USB keyboard support (pre-windows) is enabled, and USB Keyboard Wake-up from standby is also available. Is it because it's wireless that it won't work? Kinda disturbing to know I can't put my computer in standby anymore. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-12-2004, 12:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
HONK if you route packets

What happens when you go to your PC in standby mode and hit Enter. I have a set of wireless logitech devices also and it works just fine. I hit enter though and it comes up in about 20 seconds...

Old 02-12-2004, 12:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Does this happen when u use the PS/2 adapter which comes along with the MX Duo ..

I have the same thing .. n' it's never been a problem for me ..
Though i have mine connected on PS/2
Screenshots of my Desktop.....Post ur\'s too :D

AMD AthlonXP3000+@ 2.2GHz, Cooler Master Aero 7+, Gigabyte 7NNXP , 1GB Kingston HyperX PC3200 Dual Channel , MSI FX5600 VTDR 256 ,Pinnacle PCTV , 120+120GB Barracuda , Liteon 52x CDRW , Samsung DVDROM , Benq DW1620 16x DVD ReWriter, Phillips 21\" TV,Samsung Syncmaster 763MB,Logitech Cordless MX DUO , Thermaltake Silent PurePower 480W Butterfly Series PSU, Win XP SP2,RH9.
Creative DDTS100 Decoder, Creative Inspire TD7700 7.1 Speakers

Search TF B4 u post { Thanks for this one! Emily :) }
<form action=\"http://www.theriddlehouse.com/random/tfsearch.php\"><input type=\"text\" name=\"search\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value=\"Search!\"></form>
Old 02-12-2004, 12:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I tried Preet2u's suggestion already, and that didn't work. As for who posted earlier, I tell them system to go to standby. It does everything it's supposed to and goes silent, like it should. However, I try to bring it out of standby and nothing happens. I can press any key or move the mouse wherever I want and nothing will happen. It's like my computer commits suicide or something. I end up having to push the power button, which causes the computer to flush it's RAM and restart... I'm not too sure why it's not working. The only thing I can think of is that when it goes into standby, it cuts the power to the wireless reciever (AKA no lights on the little grey stand). I don't guess I have a way to tell the computer to keep that one USB port alive, so I guess I'm dead in the water. Thanks anyway.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I should make my computer my signature... hehe. I have as follows:

Custom Built PC

3.0 GHz 800 MHz FSB P4 HT Enabled
1.0 GHz Crucial PC3200 DDR400 RAM
128 MB All-In-Wonder 9600 Pro
ATI TV Wonder Card (Picture in Picture )
TEAC DW-548D DVD-CD-RW Combo Drive
80 GB 7200 RPM Maxtor Drive

E-Cube EG65BK By AMS Electronics

Windows XP Professional

Phoenix BIOS V. 1.07
Old 02-13-2004, 02:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

It's on the link I gave for my case. It doesn't have any jumpers for keeping USB ports alive, and I don't feel like connecting my wireless keyboard and mouse up through the keyboard and mouse ports. Not my most favorite thing in the world.

Closed Thread